Platelet Rich Plasma
PRP- PLATELET RICH PLASMA – autologous platelet rich plasma from your own blood
Definition- it is a method of stimulating regeneration of tissues by local application of your own concentrated platelet rich plasma in the form of injection.
Treatment with the PRP from your own blood is the contemporary solution which makes healing of the multi- site, extensive trauma and injuries of the motor organs faster. It is applicable in orthopedics, traumatology, sports medicine, as well as in dermatology and aesthetic medicine where it is used to correct wrinkles by regenerating skin, fill cavities and make numerous parts of the body more and more beautiful. This technology was developed about 20 years ago and at the beginning it was used to support the wounds that were healing poorly and reduction of blood loss.
Joining the latest technology with the body’s natural ability make it possible for the tissues to regenerate faster and thus the healing of all kinds of damage to our body.
To prepare the product the patient’s own blood is used and it is prepared in front of the patient. By centrifugation the concentrated content of plasma is obtained- PRP, density gradient of cellular blood elements.
The newly introduced cells stimulate fibroblasts that activate the production of collagen, elastin and growth factor. This method leads to formation of new connective tissue cells together with the growth of new blood capillaries and they stimulate trauma healing area as well as regenerate the lesions.
Concentrated cellular elements of the patient’s blood, which are carefully selected, are administered into the affected or injured place with the use of injection.
The PRP therapy is a long- term healing process and it requires time and rehabilitation.
It accelerates and shortens the process of gaining health in case of sharp and chronic injuries together with established diseases, like osteoarthritis. After the PRP therapy, the patient may particularly expect reduction of pain in the injured area of the body and dramatic improvement in the functionality of the organism.
PRP is effective, safe, prolongs remission phase, shortens healing time.
It should be remembered that, although rare, side effects may occur and they may be: pain after the injection, no relief of symptoms, blood clots, nerve damage, scarring, worsening of the symptoms or the allergic reaction.
Broad indication to conduct the PRP treatment:
– post-traumatic arthrosis (shoulder, elbow, wrist, hip, knee, ankle)
– osteoarthritis (hip, knee, shoulder and other parts of the body)
– regeneration before and after joint replacement surgeries
– sports injuries (ligament, meniscus knee, Achilles’ tendon, shoulder, muscles and other injuries)
– damage to the labrum of the hip and shoulder
– joint contractures
– fractures, pseudoarthrosis
– tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, calcaneal spur
– painful muscle and back cramps
– multiple muscles and tendons damages
– chondromalacia of cartilage
– jumper’s knee
– arthritis, inflammation of planar fascia
– some rheumatic diseases- also to the small joints
– Psoriasis, acne, cutaneous warts, seborrheic dermatitis
– Aesthetic and other treatment
– Reduction and elimination of wrinkles, skin discoloration, skin aging, sensitive skin, improvement of skin tension, dark circles under eyes, cellulite, hair growth, reduction in the appearance of scars, increased regeneration of skin cells metabolism, burns
– Serum cream with the addition of your own PRP- The elixir of youth
– Ensuring accelerated skin regeneration, skin hydration, reinforce the effects of cosmetic treatments
Contraindication to receive PRP:
– Blood diseases
The process of receiving and applying PRP usually lasts several minutes and is performed under laboratory conditions in properly prepared aseptic surgical interventional hall by the interventional surgery specialist.
Patients are advised to not to take any inflammatory drugs one week before and two weeks after the last admission of PRP is planned as it may limit the effectiveness of treatment.
It is recommended to administer 3 injections- one per week.
Effects after administration of PRP in Orthopedics:
– eliminating pain
– eliminating muscle contractions
– restoring the presence of synovial fluid
– improving the nutrition of articular cartilage and acceleration of its regeneration
– improving blood circulation in the joints affected by trauma
– lowering the pressure in the damaged joints, reducing the size of the gap between the joints
– strengthening the muscles around the joint
– increasing joint mobility
– a significant reduction in the period after trauma, surgery and use of implant
To make it even more efficient, PRP is used with hyaluronic acid which is an innovative method. The hyaluronic acid additionally stimulates the regeneration of cartilage, improves the properties of the synovial fluid and maintains viability of the growth factors which PRP contains.
The patient feels several years younger…
I invite you to autologous PRP treatment with an addition of hyaluronic acid and anesthetics.
Doctor Zbigniew Homza, +48 796 518 088
NEW TECHNOLOGY IN THERAPY – VERY SOON!!!
Ps. Currently a research into Platelet Rich Fibrin (PRF) which is obtained from your own blood is being conducted. PRF after administration back into your own body activates mesenchymal cells which lead to a regular and continuous release of growth factors. This ensures continuous access to extracellular matrix proteins, such as fibrin, collagen type IV, elastin, which is effective in stimulating the growth of blood vessels and thus faster healing and regeneration of damage.
Dr Zbigniew Homza, tel. +48 796 518 088
(on the basis of available sources and own experience)
„MEDI-PROF Orthopedic – Clinic”
11-400 Kętrzyn, ul. Daszyńskiego 30, POLAND
Central office, tel. +48 89 650 12 60
Contact +48 667 377 439 – we speak English